The whatsapp business app has been around since January 2018 and millions of businesses around the world are already making use of it. Whatsapp Business is a separate mobile app that can be downloaded directly from the playstore and be used for businesses to interact with customers easily by using tools to automate, sort, and quickly respond to customer messages. Even though the whatsapp business app works and functions in much the same manner as the standard whatsapp app, there is a difference in the fact that whatsapp business app is for communications within business scope whereas the standard whatsapp app is tailored for personal communications between friends and family.
1. It is a separate app called “Whatsapp Business” that you download directly from the playstore and install separately on your device, that means you can simultaneously use it on the same device to communicate strictly with your customers enabling you to separate your business life from your personal life.
2. It records your Business Profile information which will help customers get additional information such as your business email, store / office address, website or any extra description of the business. The business profile information are quite detailed such that it helps establish the nature of your business on WhatsApp as well as helps with the authenticity of your business.
3. Whasapp business has a couple of messaging tools such as the “greeting message” that you can customize and set helping you set up a virtual reception desk to introduce customers to your business. Other tools includes the “away message” that can be customised as well as the “quick replies” which helps you send answers to frequently asked questions. The list of this tools are indeed a great asset to your business.
HOW TO SET UP WHATSAPP BUSINESS:
1. Ensure you have a business number which is primarily used for WhatsApp
2. Download the app from the Google Play Store, install it and then launch it by tapping on the new WhatsApp Business icon on your smartphone’s home screen.
3. Once you open the app, you will first need to verify your business phone number. This will be the same number that you will us as a business use to communicate with your customers.
4. Once your number is verified, you can opt to restore a previous chat associated with that same mobile number.
5. Set your business name and then once in the chat area, tap on the menu button and click on Settings -> Business settings-> Profile. On this page, you will get a variety of fields so ensure to fill in all the details that you want to share with your customers.